New to 2013!
Through our friends at Byrd’s Adventure Center, we’re excited to offer canoe, kayak, raft and tube rentals directly from Riverside! Simply visit the General Store at Riverside to rent your river vessel, and we’ll take care of the rest.
How it works
- Visit the Riverside General Store to rent your canoe, kayak, raft or tube.
You must pay for the rental at least 30 minutes before your desired shuttle time.
- Byrd’s employees will shuttle you from the Riverside General Store to your Drop Off point at the Redding Recreation Area (~3.5 miles away) or at Byrd’s Adventure Center (~7.5 miles away).
- Drop into the Mulberry River and float down to Wakarusa’s swimming hole at Riverside.
- When you reach the swimming hole at Wakarusa, take the rented canoe/kayak/raft out of the river and walk it onto land.
- Look for a trailer near the swimming hole; there will be a staff member with a Byrd’s staff shirt at the trailer checking in rental equipment.
- You must sign out your rental equipment with the Byrd’s staff member.
- Return your river vessel clean, dry and undamaged. Return all safety and rowing accessories.
|Byrd’s to Riverside (~7.5 miles)||Redding to Riverside (~3.5 miles)|
|Raft (4 to 7 people)||$30 per person||$25 per person|
|Canoe (2 people)||$30 per person||$25 per person|
|Kayak (1 person)||$50||$40|
|Tube (1 person)||not available||$20|
Please note: nature wins. Not all trips or rentals may be available during the festival due to water levels.
Daily Shuttle Times
10am - 11am - 12pm - 1pm
You must visit the General Store at Riverside and make payment for your rental at least 30 minutes before your desired shuttle time. The shuttle will transport you from the Riverside General Store to your designated drop off point at either Byrd’s Adventure Center or the Redding Recreation Area.
Contact Byrd’s to make advance reservations! email@example.com or call (479) 667-4066
Advance reservations must be placed no later than Friday, May 24th. Otherwise, you can visit the Riverside General Store while at the festival to make reservations.
Please note: basic math wins. Reservations are limited and are first come, first served.
Bringing your own canoe or kayak to Wakarusa?
The shuttle service is only for patrons who have rented their equipment from Byrd’s. Sorry, you can’t have your personal river vessel transported from the Wakarusa Riverside General Store.
If you want to bring your own canoe or kayak to float the Mulberry River, please make a third party shuttle reservation through:
Turner Bend has been outfitting the Mulberry River for more than 30 years.
Turner Bend Outfitters
20034 N. Hwy 23
Ozark, AR 72949
Or make a reservation through the Byrd’s Main Office.
The fine print
Byrd’s Adventure Center reserves the right to refuse service to any one for any reason.
This includes patrons who are too inexperienced to float or appear under the influence.
Float at your own risk.
You assume all costs for damages.
All sales are final. Rentals and reservations are non-refundable.
Children ages 4 and younger are strictly prohibited from floating.
Please note: common courtesy always wins. Be responsible, return your vessel to the trailer clean and dry, and keep litter out of the Mulberry River!