Wakarusa Music Festival is coming up fast! There is so much to look forward to, so many things to do. The lineup is epic, the campsites are gorgeous, there are tons of activities and artwork to admire. Plus, the elusive party animal Sassy the Sasquatch will be coming out of hiding for the rager of the year! Want to party with the Sassquatch? Keep an eye out and you just might find the ultimate party animal throughout the festival!
10. Technaflora’s Costume Parade – One of the few places a Squatch can hang out without being singled-out is the costume parade Friday at 7:15 p.m. To join in the fun meet at the Revival Tent at 6:45 p.m.!
9. Shakedown Street – With convenient locations between the Revival Tent and Main Stage as well as amongst main venue camping near the Satellite stage, who can resist the amazing souvenirs, clothes, art work and delicious food? Not Sassy!
8. The fishin’ pond – Even in the midst of glorious music and a non-stop party, Sassy the Sassquatch has to have some time to chill. What better way to rest up between sets than fishin’ in the pond?
7. The showers – Wakarusa is Sassy’s annual party, it is also the Sasquatch’s single opportunity to get a much-needed shower. Nothing feels more refreshing than a nice cleansing soak after a year of stomping through the woods and some wild concert shenanigans!
6. The Recyclarusa booth – Nobody loves Mother Earth as much as Sassy, but we can all do our part to keep Mulberry Mountain clean! Located at the intersection of Revival Road and Third Street, just outside the concert gates, you can drop off your recycling at the Recyclarusa booth and maybe catch a glimpse of a Sasquatch doing its part too!
5. The Ferris Wheel – Sasquatches don’t get a lot of chances to ride a Ferris Wheel. In fact, when’s the last time you rode one? Wakarusa offers an astounding view from the top of the wheel, so beautiful even Sassy can overcome its’ fear of heights!
4. Non-profit booths – Wakarusa is proud to partner with a number of non-profit organizations that work towards great causes. Sassy the Sasquatch is happy to support these organizations and get involved. You should check them out!
3. The waterfall – Hiking through nature is Sassy’s specialty. The most cherished hidden gem of Wakarusa is the natural beauty of the waterfall down the hiking trail. It’s the perfect spot to get in tune with nature and perhaps spot a sasquatch too!
2. Yoga – There’s nothing like a good yoga session after a full day and long night raging. Sassy the Sasquatch loves to center itself with a good morning stretch! A party-squatch has to stay limber for all the fun of Wakarusa!
1. The stages – The main attraction that brings us all together is the music. Sassy is a big music lover, so you can bet the sasquatch will be there for fantastic concerts throughout the festival! Party like a Sassquatch and you might just run into Sassy at one of the countless sets played by over 150 bands on the 6 different stages!
Wakarusa Music Festival 2014 is going to be the best Waka yet! Sassy knows it and so do you! Come up to Mulberry Mountain for an experience like no other! Music, camping, art and community!