Wakarusa Music Festival hosts lots of interesting, interactive workshops of all kinds! Whether you are in an artistic mood, want to learn a new skill or just try something new, Wakarusa has a workshop for you!
10. Living Chalkboard – One of many Art Installations throughout Wakarusa is the Living Chalkboard, an interactive place for everyone to create, share and collaborate on massive chalkboards with an array of colors to create living, growing, changing works of art! Check out the chalkboards on your way to shows to admire art that is by everyone, for everyone and feel free to add your own work to the boards!
9. Slack-librium Slackline Park – Slacklining, for those of you who don’t already know, is the act of balancing on a one to two inch piece of webbing that is tensioned between two objects, usually trees. More advanced “slackers” will then add various tricks and static yoga poses into their practice. The slack park will be open all weekend long at Wakarusa with Slack-Librium instructors on-site to help you get the hang of it!
8. Social Napping Network – This eight person hammock installation will provide a relaxing environment for anyone who needs a break from all the excitement. Each hammock will be equipped with a rain fly to provide a break from the environments, rain or shine, so don’t hesitate to stop by if you need a breather!
7. Costume Contest and Parade – Friday, wear your costume all around, as Wakarusa staff will be out and about choosing finalists to get Golden Tickets! Then, meet at the Main General Store (closest to Main Stage) at 7:15 p.m. Friday to join the parade to the Main Stage where finalists with Golden Tickets will be called to the Main Stage for the final vote. One winner will receive FREE TICKETS to Wakarusa 2015!
6. Alice Steuerwald Presents: “Body’s Journey” — Daily Yoga – Practice Yoga with Alice Steuerwald in a daily “Body’s Journey.” Begin each morning with a sense of peace and freedom in your body, while developing awareness of self through breath and proprioception. Start each day off right with healthy, peaceful, awakening yoga!
5. The Geodome – A 13ft. x 22ft, steel constructed 3v Geodesic Dome with multi-hammock instillation. Stop by to inspire, meet and share the world around you within a unique space with unique people.
4. Theme Days – Join the roaming performance troupes with daily dress up themes! Thursday’s Theme: Rep Your State. Friday’s Theme: Friday Night Disco. Saturday’s Theme: Prom Saturday. Sunday’s Theme: Sunday Luau
3. Recyclarusa Raffle – Bring a full bag of recycling to the Recycalusa Booth (check your program for location) and earn free swag from Wakarusa bands, artists and vendors. Sort your bag of recyclable trash to earn a raffle ticket good for one entry into a drawing for free Wakarusa 2015 tickets!
2. Brandon Draper’s World Music Workshops – Brandon uses games, humor, non-verbal communication and lots of energy to bring groups together with rhythm. This 50 minute program is for children ages 1-100. Hand percussion instruments are provided for all participants. Add to the music Saturday June 7 & Sunday June 8, 11:00am at The Untz Satellite Stage.
1. STL Hoop Club’s Hoop & Flow Workshop – Each daily workshop will offer a new chance for discovery within your play while incorporate yoga, the single hoop, and multiples, all while challenge the body and mind. Hoops will be available to borrow and to purchase at the workshops. Join the STL Hoop Club daily Thursday through Sunday at the location and time listed in the Events Schedule. Hoop on!